Pranayama is training in proper breathing. It can lead us into Meditation to heal our mind, body and spirit. Pranayama is made of “Prana” and “Ayama”. Prana means vital force of energy. And Ayama is the storing and distribution – regulation of energy. There is an intimate connection between body and mind. Breathing is a vital tool to control the mind and thinking pattern.
As the cells of organs such as the heart, lungs, brain, blood, muscles and
bowel get deprived of oxygen, they start degenerating & disease slowly
starts developing. Therefore, it is important to learn correct breathing,
and maintenance of correct posture.
There are many benefits of Pranayama:
1. Increase in Lung capacity utilization up to 95%.
2. Increase in the life span.
3. Improved mind and body coordination.
4. Increase in energy for day to day activities.
5. Mental peace and emotional balance.
6. Lowering blood pressure, managing respiratory, digestive etc. disorfers
with regular practice.
7. Complete rejuvenation of body and mind.
8. Reduction in aging process.
Some simple pranayama are Udgith, Anulom Vilom, Kapalbhati, Bhastrika, Ujjayi, Bhramari, Shitali, Shitakari.
yes I too agree that pranayam is the best to recover from any or all types of illness..it should be properly practiced inorder to get good and positive results in your health..