English is a funny language!
English is the lingua franca of the world. How often we have stopped to wonder how difficult this language is! I was recollecting some of the sentences in English and it is truly amazing to see some of the sentences.
1. The bandage was wound tightly over the wound.
2. The farm was used to produce produce.
3. The buck does funny things when the does are present.
4. I had to subject the subject to a number of tests.
5. It was just a minute prick and it was over in a minute.
6. When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
7. They were too close to the door to close it.
8. There was a row amongst the oarsmen about how to row.
And some more:
1. Heartburn does nothing to the heart at all!
2. A house can burn up as it burns down.
3. Our noses run and the feet smell!
4. A shipment is sent by road and a cargo by ship.
5. Slim chance and fat chance mean the same literally.
6. The masculine pronouns are HE, HIS and HIM, why are the feminine pronouns not SHE, SHIS and SHIM??
7. The plural of brother is brethren, why is the plural of mother not mothren??
8. Some things are “Girlie” but how come some others are not “Boyie”?
Thus, my friends, English is not as easy as it seems!!