The Apple iphone – Pros and Cons
The hype surrounding the launch of the Apple iphone has been unbeleivable. Is it justifiable all this hype? That’s what I am trying to do through this blog entry. I will discuss the pros and cons of this phone here.
The cons first:
1. The phone is 2G and not 3G. Graphics and picture-heavy websites will take ages to load. RSS feeds and mobile-friendly websites load quickly though.
2. In spite of the boast of being an internet communicator, the phone lacks services like Instant Messaging and VoIP.
3. It cannot sync data (calendar details and contacts) either by BlueTooth or over the mobile network.
4. The camera is only 2megapixel and unless shot in direct sunlight, the pictures are of a poor quality.
5. The phone comes with limited memory of 8GB and there is no scope for adding memory cards.
1. Speedy to receive and send e mails on the go. Web pages load very quickly over a wi-fi network. It is a pleasure to read sites on the move. The small screen is compensated by zoom feature at two taps and the page can be moved around by the finger.
2. A good coupling of touch screen and user interface is one of the highlights.
3. Very user-friendly knitting together of the various functions.
4. The robust underlying operating system, a Mac OS X, is free from crashing or being frozen.
5. Fully functional music and video player that can sync with itunes. The touch screen user interface lets you to flick around between the various albums and artistes with ease.
The rivals: Nokia N95, Sony Ericsson W960, Blackberry Pearl, Samsung Blackjack, LG LGKS 20.